What is CocoaCloud?
CocoaCloud is a pre-competitive data platform and impact initiative to strengthen agricultural productivity and climate resilience in the West African cocoa landscape.
- Subscription service for dashboard access:
- Initially Ghana only for 1,000 Euros per month
- Followed by Ghana and Ivory Coast for 1,800 Euros per month
- API connection for raw data access
- Options to work with technical partners for tailored products and services and farmer impact programmes
How CocoaCloud Works?
The CocoaCloud Platform generates, translates, and disseminates comprehensive environmental data: transforming it into critical information – for example, weather forecasts and soil health maps – that support ‘climate smart’ decisions for agriculture.
To maximise the value of CocoaCloud, a support service builds the capacity of stakeholders to effectively apply and interpret environmental information to agriculture – including farmers, extension workers and agri-industry.
Why is CocoaCloud Needed?
- There is an acute lack of easily accessible, accurate environmental data from key growing areas, preventing fully informed, data-driven agricultural management decisions
- Unpredictable weather due to climate change is exacerbating the situation, and coastal West Africa is forecast to see significant productivity losses by 2050
- In Ghana, not adapting to climate change is predicted to create income losses to cocoa farmers of up to USD$410 million per year
- These issues also risks the global supply, quality, trading and investment of cocoa